Re: mgetty & diald

>You don't say why you can't get both services running at the same time.
>So I'm just guessing you might have a locking problem. Do check that you're
>using /dev/ttyS1 throughout, and you don't have a link called /dev/modem.
>The latter is a recipe for disaster.
>
>Cheers,

Sorry,  both services run at the same time but sometimes diald seems to be
crazy.  Also ppp.log file gets filled with warnings like:
diald[###]: Delaying 1 seconds before clear do dial.
diald[###]: device ttyS1 is locked by pid ###
diald[###]: Couldn't find  a free device call out oon.
diald[###]: Connect script failled.

all the time mgetty serving a dial in user.

I'm not using /dev/modem but /dev/ttyS1

Is it possible to disable one of the service where the other takes control
an enable it terminates??

Now, just another question:
How to prevent diald from firing when a client asks for a local network
address?

Thanks in advance

Jorge Sousa