Re: Please HELP ME AGAIN!!!

On Fri, 5 Mar 1999, Nuno Donato wrote:

> How can I setup my sound card(Sound Blaster 16)?
> I have heard something about "make menuconfig" "make config"
> but this doesn't work in my computer. A error message
> appears saying "no target to make rule config".
> How can I solve this problem.
> I have heard something about compiling the kernel, how?
change dir `cd /usr/src/kernel-source2.x.x` (the x is your kernel
version).

type `make menuconfig`
that should get you started, but before you do that, please read some
howto:s or something about how to do it, you get a lot of alternatives
how to configure the kernel, I can not tell you what you need and dont
need. If you make modules remember to fix the module dependencys
`depmod -a` and how to edit the lilo.conf in /etc. Try man
`lilo.conf`.

After you have done all that, type `lilo` to "install" the new kernel, but
keep your old one, thats a good thing.

(I hope you understand my english)

Lieberman's Law:
    Everybody lies, but it doesn't matter since nobody listens.
   Contact me? Try pow@big.du.se : sy96pow@blg.du.se or
   visit http://www.big.du.se/~pow/contact_page.html