Re: Long filenames on cdr

On Fri, 5 Mar 1999, Bernhard Dobbels wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've tried the joliet extention, but aparently, when i mount the cdimage,
> the filenames are cutoff at 32 characters.
> Any ideas?

If you're not going to be using these discs in any M$ products, Rockridge
is the unix way to do it.  Although, I _thought_ Joliet did 80 chars.

-R option to mkhybrid or mkisofs whichever you use.

I believe you need to give -R to cdrecord as well, though you'll have to
man cdrecord on that one.

HTH

-Dano