Re: Vote Linus for Person of the Century

> rat race.  Their only motive was and is the creation of a superior system
> for their own use.  This modus operandi of want --> voluntary unselfish
> colaboration --> result without any other waste involved has proven
> remarkably and hearteningly succesful.

I think Stallman has more to do with providing the environment for
something like Linux to exist in. The problem with that line of thought is
that it ignores the *BSD effort that really exists in parallel and
separate from GNU or Linux. It is also a free software community that
evolved at about the same time.  I guess there was a need for that kind of
thing to exist so it just happened.