Linux! Linux!

I met some of you at the Linux World conference. Here is a little tough:

Linux World Conference
It was a pleasure to see so much enthusiasm about an alternative to the
current proprietary systems that keep fighting each other and limiting
our freedom (http://www.linuxworldexpo.com/).
While it seems like the roots for a great open source system is well
being taken care of with the many Linux projects, there is not enough
going on to take advantage of this awakening to do Wright this time.
Lots of talk about compatibility, transportability, multiple platform,
etc., but missing the fundamental: no standardization => no functional
commonality => no design driven software compiler => back into the agony
of the current proprietary systems. I hate to insist, but if we do not
have a Functional Thesaurus? for functional standardization, leading to
a System Design Methodology (SDM) which guarantees integration of the
software elements and software/hardware elements, the future of LINUX is
compromised. See www.stargate-se.com Forum.

The current path will lead to Applications (database, word processing,
Internet development and browsers, multimedia, h/w components,
peripherals, etc.) which cannot provide the needed standardization for
the user. One must understand, first of all, that the application
requiring extreme specialization to make it productive is yesterday
thinking. The great number of user (99 of every 100 users) cannot afford
the specialization. They need to be productive with multiple tools that
must allow the integration the resulting data.

On the other hand, the creation of the Functional Thesaurus? and SDM
will lead to the ultimate software development environment. Graphical
user interface, like today's Visual C++,  is just a small token into the
total graphical functional software development tool needed. Join that
revolution at the Stargate Forum, discussions and projects.

I would be interested in getting some help from you, as well as maybe
provide you with support at the design/documentation level.

from Humberto W. Sachs - me@stargate-se.com
      Visit www.stargate-se.com, from ancient mysteries,
      H.G. Wells, Star Trek and Star War visions
      to the Stargate of tomorrow's reality
      *  Only for the brave and courageous *