Re: bitchx (sucks!)

steven walsh dixit:
> On Mon, 8 Mar 1999, Wayne Topa wrote:
> [snip]
>
> >  I agree Steve, there are plenty of Manual(s) to read.  But for a new
> > IRC user they sure confusing.  I have been trying to Window it but, as
> > of yet, no luck.
>
> 	Sure, there's plenty of documentation, unfortunately that's like
> saying MS Office has plenty of documentation.  It's a pain to sort through
> sometimes because there's just too many features in it.

Steve, most of the docs you pointed out say next to nothing.  One may try to
guess (as surely most bitchx users do) how to work things out, and that
works some times, but not always.

What really puts me off is the fact that, eg., /help say, will tell me how
to show some fancy (but useless and annoying to others) way of echoing the
typed characters on screen, and though other commands, probably more useful,
there's no help available or almost none.

What DID make me angry was the fact that whenever I tried to join #bitchx to
get some help, I was banned from entering the reason being "spammers,
flooders and cloners, oh my!"

I just felt they didn't want most ppl using their program (whoever they
were), fair enough, just don't make it publicly available and make me waste
my time.

> 	My $.02

BTW, is there any way of typying the new euro sign?  how about the old cent
sign?

Horacio.