Re: rc.local -> What is the Debian Eqivalent

On Tue, 9 Mar 1999, ragOO wrote:

> Person, Roderick wrote:
>
> > I have installed some tars and I need to set some thing to run at boot.
> >

> The Debian equivalent of rc.local is rc.boot

I really do not think so. rc.local runs LAST after everything is set up.
rc.boot runs FIRST before ANYTHING is set up.  I use /sbin/setup.sh  If
you look at the startup scripts, the last thing the system at boot is to
look for the existance of /sbin/setup.sh and if it finds it, it runs it.
In most systems, that file is not there so never gets run.