Re: Sound solution

Doug Dine writes ("Sound solution"):
>If anyone has had the problems with getting sound in Linux as I
>have then go to:
>
>http://www.opensound.com
>
>They have sound drivers for almost any card. You will be out
>$20.00 US. They have evaluation versions to download.
>
>I had sound in 5 minutes without having to recompile my kernel.

Unfortunately, this isn't always a perfect solution.  Ensoniq AudioPCI
support from OSS works, but with virtually all applications I've used
there is a 2 seconds delay in the sound.  Makes for some interesting
(but not useful) effects when the sound is two seconds behind the
video in xanim.

--
Richard W Kaszeta 			Graduate Student/Sysadmin
bofh@me.umn.edu				University of MN, ME Dept