Re: Drive test Utility

> Does anyone know of a package or utility that exercises and surface
> scans hard drives? (IDE in particular)
>

> The IDEAL would be if the program could run in background and do a
> non-destructive surface scan to a mounted drive. I know that's asking a
> lot, but I'd be happy with anything at this point.

	doesn't good old badblock ( or is it badblocks ) do it for you.
	AFAIK you will have to unmount partition to check, but if you are
sure pc has a floppy in it, you can transfer sys on it remotely, and
script it to boot, badblocks root partition, and reboot and run hard
disk-s kernel.

	I know i'm tellint you too much, but then you asked for too much (-;

-
-- Vardhan@bitsmart.com