Re: rivatnt slink

On Thu, 18 Mar 1999, tino wrote:

> can I get a working SVGA-server with my rivaTNT chipset
> on the slink release the easiest way? Do I have to uninstall
> xfree86-3.3.2packages and then download and
> compile all the xfree86-3.3.3 sources ?
> Are ther no packages/patches for?

If you are using Slink or Potato, and if 3.3.3 supports your card, you may
be OK. Go to the Xfree web site (www.xfree.org) and read the several
documents, in particular the card specific README. The card specific
README is what gave my local guru the information necessary to make a
working config file.

I have an SIS-6326 card that all I had to do was down load the SVGA16 and
SVGA servers, replace these in my Slink system, then create an XF86Config
file for the card. I left all the 3.3.2 packages out there.

David Teague dbt@elentari.cs.wcu.edu
Debian GNU/Linux
Use Free Software: would you drive a car with the hood welded shut?