Some debian/gnome strangeness

First of all, thanks to Ben and Ed for getting me the right apt-get
sources.list lines to find the hidden-super-secret gnome 1.0 .debs.

I've installed them and things are kinda working ok.  The main thing that's
getting to me is the GNOME control center (gnomecc) and the panel apps.
gnomecc runs, but as soon as I select any of the options from it I get the
message:

** WARNING **: Unable reach the control-center.
Exiting...

Then I click anything in the window and it segfaults.

The panel apps, well, simply don't work.  I select any of them and it acts as
if they should be there (no error messages or anything), but nothing happens.

I know that this stuff is still pretty beta and that these aren't the
official stable debs or anything, but if anyone has any ideas I'd sure be
glad to hear them (as the package maintainer would as well <g>).

alan

---
Alan Bailward
alan@northco.net  http://www.northco.net/alan