Re: Netscape mail - multiple "profiles"?

Christian Dysthe escribió:

> Hi,
>
> I am running Netscape 4.5 under Debian (hamm). What I need is to be able is to
> open different Messenger "profiles" with different mail folders, different
> "From" addresses and different pop/smtp servers. Since Messenger isn't a multi
> account email client yet (unbelievable!) I thought I could do it this way.
>
> There is maybe some command line options that makes Messenger read another ini
> file on startup?
>
> I haver seen this done in Windows, but as a Linux newbie I do not feel I am
> able to replicate this procedure yet.

I solved your problem using a stand-alone POP client that download my
mail to my mail spool,
then I download on Netscape using a local POP server. Besides, you can
use any standard mail
client too, once you have your mail in the mail spool
The Debian has fetchmail as POP client, as far as I know, but I
installed Debian distribution
just a few days ago and I don't look how to configure it yet.
I don't know about what POP server Debian has, either, but I think you
can use it as it come
out of the box.