xfstt && printing

I'm having printing problems relating to my use of xfstt (true type
server).  My printer is attached to a little 486 machine which is being
used as a dialup/print server.  I don't have X installed, and don't
have the room or power for it on that machine.

Anyway, is there a way to make it see xfstt when printing?  I just
tried to print from netscape (which is using some true type fonts), and
was given Error: /invalid font in findfont.  Further in the error
message it states that it can't find times new roman.

Any help on how to fix this would be appreciated.

TIA,

chris