RedHat = MS-Linux???

I've been toying with Linux for about 3 years now.  I do not have it
mastered, but I haven't given up either.  Part of me is delighted with
the current regognition of Linux (RedHat), but the other part fears that
some entity such as Microsoft will somehow crawl out of the woodwork and
take over.  What are your views on this?  Eventually I would like to be
running Debian exclusively.  I will admit though that I am learning on
RedHat. Just curious..............   Don