Re: Where is "/etc/rc.d/rc.local" on Debian?

*- On 28 Mar, Marek Habersack wrote about "Re: Where is "/etc/rc.d/rc.local" on Debian?"

>> > You don't have to. Just get the src rpm
>> >

>> Read what George said, that doesn't work for things like Applixware or
>> other commercial programs that DO NOT HAVE SRC RPM.  Those also tend to
>> have hardcoded directory structures built into the binaries that are
>> not configurable and were only designed to be run an a Red Hat system.
> Hmm... did you read the Debian Policy manual?

I'm confused, what does the policy manual have to do with compatibility
between Red Hat and Debian init structure and converting an .rpm to a
.deb or .tgz?  Besides the policy manual is not up to date on the
/etc/rcS.d and /etc/rc.boot issue.

--
Brian
							   - unknown