Printer Cheating!

I admit:

I got lazy on my first Debian install (of Slink) and did the following
to get printing working on a remote RH Linux box with a HP DJ695C.

I copied all the RH box's files in /var/spool/lpd/lp/* to the same on
the slink box (/var/spool/lpd/remote on slink I left empty).  I made
sure permissions/ownerships were same as on the RH box.

I then copied my RH /etc/printcap file to slink's /etc/printcap
and finally copied (with same permissions/ownerships) the
/usr/lib/rhs/rhs-printfilters/* to a similar directory on slink.

Also edited the /etc/hosts.lpd file also!

I know it seems to defeat the purpose of GNU/Linux ... but I will
hopefully drop 'lpr' and go back to magicfilter & company ;-)

FWIW

Red Hat put me on cruches!