Re: Need isapnp early in boot. How?

Enough lurking :) This newbie has questions, but we'll start with
some answers.

Check out the following:
http://www-jcr.lmh.ox.ac.uk/~pnp/

It involves patching the kernel to provide pnp support directly
within the kernel, therefore eliminating the need for isapnp
completely.

He initially designed it for SB cards. here's a quote from the
website:

> What hardware does it support?
>
> The 0.1 and 0.2 patches support the SB16 PnP, Vibra16 PnP
> SB32/AWE32/AWE64 PnP, including the Game port and IDE parts of these
> devices, with a driver (kernel) patch.
>
> The 0.3 patches support these with driver patches, but have the added
> capability of supporting most other devices implcitly or indirectly -
> enable automatic configuration of all PnP devices to use this.

HTH