Re: new mail not visible in mail readers

On Fri, Apr 09, 1999 at 07:50:34PM -0700, G. Crimp wrote:

> 	I recently switched to exim.  exim starts local delivery right away.
> The first messages start appearing in mailboxes while more messages are
> still being popped.

Exim delivers the first 10 messages in a SMTP connection, and then
queues the remaining messages for delivery next time the queue is run
(once every 15 minutes by default).

> 	I am not a mail expert by any stretch of the imagination.  Perhaps
> the above behaviour is configurable, but that is the way they behaved as
> installed "out of the box" from Deb 2.0.

It should be configurable, but I can't seem to see how to do it for
Exim.  This is a real PITA when my dialin system decides to try to
deliver several hundred messages to the system where I read my mail.

            http://www.tardis.ed.ac.uk/~broonie/