gnome capplet

Ok, I'm just a clueless newbie i guess but i have to ask..
I'm using potato, Window Maker version 0.52 and Gnome v0.99.3.2.
My problem is that when i run the gnome configuration tool ie Control
Center, my only Capplets there are Multimedia, Appearances, Workspace and
Input Devices. Where is my Desktop capplet with the Window manager
capplet. Looking at http://www.gnome.org/users-guide/gccdesktop.html and
that made me wonder. Is there something that i haven't installed or does
the desktop capplet come in a later version than 0.99 ?