Re: adding a module to a kernel

Pollywog (about kernel compiling):
> Sort of.  I wanted to know if I could skip over the part where I have to
> answer all the questions.  I did not mind having to do the remainder of
> the steps.

Yes, you can skip the "make config" step, but wouldn't you normally want to
change the answer to at least one of the questions?

(Unless you are upgrading, of course.)

Note that once you've done "make config" once, it's a lot easier to do it
again because the defaults it gives you are your previous answers. So you
just need to hit Enter until you get to the thing you want to change,
change that single one, and continue with Enter until it's finished.

HTH

Jiri
--
<jiri@baum.com.au>
We'll know the future has arrived when every mailer transparently