Re: Installing GCC

You need to run
	dpkg -i gcc_2.91.66-1.deb
to install the .deb file.  You may get some depends problems.  If they
are not already installed on your system, you will need:
	libc6 (I reckon you oughta have this)
	cpp (eg cpp_2.7.2.3-7.deb from  interpreters)
	binutils (eg binutils_2.9.1.0.19a-2.deb from devel)

(note these versions are the ones on my slink system: I think your gcc
may be a more recent version).

You can find the packages at ftp.debian.org and mirrors

HTH
Rich