Re: making linux look bad

Linux is a very intense learning experience that forces you to ponder security, the right gui, the nature of your hardware and the applications you really need and to configure programs to implement ways of managing all these things.  I am new to this in that I installed Debian for the first time a couple of days ago.  The support from this list way great.  But the support only can go so far; when you install Debian you take control of your PC and that does require a certain amount of learnin.

In my case, the key element was someone local who was a debian fan and allowed me to pohone him when dselect got very hairy.  He didn't help much but knowing there's someone to talk to if you get stuck is great.  Why not see if there's a Debian user near you who would be willing to help?

Patrick