Re: Mouse not recognized (but RedHat works fine)

>> "SB" == Stuart Ballard <stuart@wuffies.net> writes:

I have a fairly old Logitech three-button mouse. /dev/ttyS1 and mman
protocol for gpm and Logitech protocol in XF86Config.

SB> Could I need to add a kernel module for this? Or might I have
SB> added one which conflicts? (I might have added PS2-mouse by
SB> mistake, now that I think of it)

I don't think there can be a conflict, but you need serial support
either compiled in or as a module. But if this was missing, you
wouldn't be aable to use the modem either. You can check
/var/log/messages (compiled in) and lsmod (module) for the support. I
have it compiled into the kernel and get

May 16 20:21:05 haitech kernel: Serial driver version 4.27 with no serial options enabled
May 16 20:21:05 haitech kernel: ttyS00 at 0x03f8 (irq = 4) is a 16550A

Ciao,
	Martin