Re: ipautofw not working

	Subject: ipautofw not working
	Date: Tue, Jun 01, 1999 at 09:43:45PM -0700

Quoting Luiz Otavio L. Zorzella(zorzella@iname.com):

> Hi,
>
> I've been trying to use ipautofw in my debian box, but I've been
> having trouble with that. I issue any ipautofw command and I get the
> message:
>
> setsockopt: Protocol not available
>
> I started with the 2.0.36 kernel at potato (most of my system is
> potato). As I searched the news, people said this message would come
> from a system with no ipautofw compiled in the kernel.
>
> Then I decided to install kernel-source-2.2.9, configure it and
> install it. Even though I enabled the ipautofw in the kernel (with all
> the other ip forward stuff), I still get that same message.
>
> To make it clear, I can use ipfwadm ok, but I can't use ipautofw.
>
> Any clue?

Clue #1 is to look for the information on your system 'first'!

"From /usr/src/linux/Documentation/Changes"
   As of 2.1.102, the IP firewalling code has been replaced; ipfwadm
will no longer work.  You need to obtain "ipchains," available from
http://www.rustcorp.com/linux/ipchains/ , and use that instead of
ipfwadm.

   To use masq forwarding you will need to obtain "ipmasqadm,"
available from http://juanjox.linuxhq.com/ .

--
Information Center, n.:
  A room staffed by professional computer people whose job it is