Re: ssh and libgpm2.so (potato)

> > I'm trying to install ssh (not ssh2) on potato.  It can't find libgmp2.so.
> > That sounds suspiciously like something that should be in the
> > libgmp2 package, but that package is installed.
>
> I'm not sure if it's a bug in ssh or in libgmp2, but creating a symlink in
> /usr/lib fixes it.
>   # cd /usr/lib
>   # ln -s libgmp2.so.2 libgmp2.so
>
> If anyone knows which package is at fault, a bug report would be a Good
> Thing.

Yep, I encountered the same problem with Potato too. I think there is a
problem somewhere with libgmp2 somewhere.

My fix was to install libgmp2, and then install libgmp2-dev afterwards. So
far, it works fine here.

regards,

= ===== Andre M. Varon  Lasaltech Incorporated
= =  == Technical Head  Fax-Tel: (034)435-0836
= == =
=  = =  E-mail  : andrelst@mozcom.com
==== =  WebPage : http://andre.lasaltech.com