Re: Ability to read MS Word files

Thanks for the earlier reply from Robert.

IS there something similar to convert from PDF to text or to HTML.

Supriyo

From: Robert.King@mailbox.gu.edu.au
To: adasoft <adasoft@giascl01.vsnl.net.in>
CC: debian-user@lists.debian.org, ssircar@adasoftware.com
Subject: Re: Ability to read MS Word files
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 1999 09:55:30 +1000 (EST)

On Wed, 2 Jun 1999, adasoft wrote:

> I need to read the text content in a  MS Word file on NT from outside of
> MS-Word in a batch program to create a list of all the words contained in
> the document. Any suggestions ?
>
> Supriyo Sircar

Assuming that the files are MSWord 8 files, try to WordToTxt script that
is included in the mswordview package (probably not the most efficient way
of getting there, but it works.

Robert.
----
Robert King, Australian Environmental Studies, Griffith University, Australia 3875 6677 Robert.King@mailbox.gu.edu.au http://www.ens.gu.edu.au/robertk/

"This library is open one hour each fortnight.  No book shall leave these
 premises. We have sworn it with an oath!"
 -- Library of King Ashurbanipal, Babylon, ca. 3000 BC.