Re: XF86Setup

On Wed, 2 Jun 1999, moron wrote:

> I've been trying a lot of things, with help from you out there, and come to
> the following conclusions.  Am I right?
>
> 1: The so-called 'default' in 'Xserver' is more than that.  If you try
> 'startx -- -bpp 16' and the default doesn't have this depth it doesn't look
> for it in any of the other sections you may have in your XF86Config file,
> but simply returns an error.

 Nope, I've got things set to default at 16bpp and sometimes I run with
"startx -- -bpp 32" without any issues. What does your XF86Config file
look like? You appear to have attached a java program...

> 2: Only one virtual screen size per section of the XF86Config is effective -
> the biggest one.  (I thought someone told me that it was one per subsection,
> which seemed obvious, but I must have misread the message.)

 Yes, the virtual screen is no smaller than the biggest resolution listed
in a section, though it may be bigger.

 Sincerely,

 Ray Ingles       (248) 377-7735        ray.ingles@fanucrobotics.com

          If you have any trouble sounding condescending,
            find a Unix user to show you how it's done.
                -- Scott Adams: DNRC Newsletter 3.0