Re: LyX & GhostView

On Thu, 3 Jun 1999, Nuno Carvalho wrote:

> Hi,
>
>  On LyX when I try to view a document as Postscript it shows GhostView
> without
> any text (nothing appears)! What could it be ?

You're probably missing some fonts, or metafont is having trouble creating
them.
Have a look for error or warning messages in the creation of the postscript.

Does viewing dvi work?

I can't remember for sure, but I had some problems with particular fonts in
LyX.  Try installing tetex-extra, tetex-nonfree and tetex-src.
Someone who is more familiar with the requirements of LyX can correct me on
which of these are actually necessary.

Robert King, Australian Environmental Studies, Griffith University, Australia
3875 6677   Robert.King@mailbox.gu.edu.au   http://www.ens.gu.edu.au/robertk/