Re: [Fwd: Gnome panel doesn't lock the screen]

Well,

In my case .xsession-errors says:

"xscreensaver-command: no screensaver is running on display :0.0"

I think I'm getting this because I'm not running gnome-session (too
buggy still for me), just the gnome panel. Since the screen saver is
actually run by gnome-session the panel then complains.

However, even if I run the control center and enable the screen server
it won't start. Why on earth do we need gnome-session running to
automatically start the screen server? Go fig!

If I run gnome-seesion, locking the screen works well.

--
Pedro I. Sanchez