Re: dselect problem - can't install stuff

On Thu, 03 Jun 1999, Erik Sandblom wrote:

> "If you wish to use the multicd installation method, as is the default for
> CD-based installs, you should be careful to insert the LAST BINARY CD of
> your set when you start"
>
> I have the 4-cd set but I put in CD 1. Did I break something in doing so?
> Can I fix it?

Hi,
I chuckled when I read this, as it's exactly what I did.
I gave up at that point and used the "apt" access method, as my PC has a
network card and Internet acess was working after the base install.
I very successfully downloaded everything from the default site.

However, I would very much like to know how the multi-CD install is supposed
to work. There's not much documentation as yet on dselect.

Regards,
Barry Kauler