Re: dselect and vi

	Subject: Re: dselect and vi
	Date: Tue, Jul 06, 1999 at 12:58:36AM +0000

Quoting Dan(danb50@hotmail.com):
> First of all, thank you for your concern. I don't have apt installed
> apparently. I am running slink. I am convinced it has something to do with
> my screen and/or keyboard setup because this happens in both dselect and vi.
> I am telneting to my machine, so maybe I should hook a monitor to see if it
> is just some problem with the telnet output configuration. But do you know
> where the screen settings are offhand? I never knew there were any since I
> thought it was all just standard, but apparently there is. Once again thank
> you and I hope this info helps help at all. :)

I just telnet'ed into my Slink box from my LRP (router), using netcat.
I tried to run mutt and slrn and got a message about the TERM being
incorrect.  Seems that the Term is
VT1 root-Deb-Slink:~# echo $TERM
linux

and on the telnel link it is network.  So I just did, on the router,
export TERM=linux and now everything works.

HTH, YMMV, HAND

--
The Queue Principle: The longer you wait in line, the greater the
likelihood that you are standing in the wrong line.