Mutt & PGP & Debian User Mailinglist

P. van Tilburg writes:
 > 1) I use mutt to read the debian-user-digest. It lists all attachments
 >    nicely in one mail. But how do I reply to a message. I can go in the
 >    attachment-list and save the mail I want to reply to, but that isn't
 >    very handy either ;)

You can use the "view attachment" command, bound to v by default (I
think).   Then you can see each attachment individually, and I think
you can reply to them individually too.  The other option is to use
something like procmail to chop the digest email into its constituent
messages.  Then when you view the mail folder in mutt, you can also
get a threaded view of those messages.

Here's a ~/.procmailrc that uses the "formail" program to burst any
digests, then puts the messages into separate mail folders based on
what the headers look like.  You can tell Mutt where your mail folders
are located, then start it up with "mutt -y" to get an initial listing
of all the folders (ie. debian-devel, debian-user, mbox in this case).
And when you're done with one folder, you can switch to the others
with the "c" command.

<begin ~/.procmailrc>
MAILDIR=$HOME/Mail/
DEFAULT=$MAILDIR/mbox
LOGFILE=$MAILDIR/from

:0:
* ^X-Mailing-List:.*debian-devel
| formail -ds >>debian-devel

:0:
* ^X-Mailing-List:.*debian-user
| formail -ds >>debian-user
<end ~/.procmailrc>

If you use fetchmail to download your mail, you can tell it to hand
your messages straight to procmail for processing with a line like
this:

	mda "/usr/bin/procmail -d %T"

Rumor has it that Exim will also do some of the things procmail can
do.  But I'm not using Exim.

 > 2) I know nothing about PGP, but I want to try it and installed pgp5i from
 >    potato. As earlier mentioned on the list, pgp5.0 is composed of seperate
 >    programs:

Sorry, can't help you there... I'm trying to stick with gnupg if
possible.

Jesse

--
Jesse Jacobsen, Pastor          jjacobsen@jvlnet.com