Re: tape backups and backup software

  Paul> Is it possible to have 2 colorado 1400 tape drives in one
  Paul> machine?  I'd want to use 2 FC-10/20 cards (or can I put
  Paul> multiple drives on one card?)  and be able to use them both at
  Paul> the same time.

  Paul> If the above is possible, what are some good backup software
  Paul> packages?  I'm looking for something that's free, supports my
  Paul> tape drives, and can backup onto multiple drives at once --
  Paul> like Arkeia (Arkeia doesn't support my drives, and it's not
  Paul> free).

Your question should probably be split into two parts : Drivers for
your cards, and backup software.

Concerning the backup software, I made an offer on Free Software
Bazaar (http://visar.csustan.edu/bazaar/bazaar.html), the ID is
990307A. I can only encourage you to taise my offer if you are
interested.

--
Laurent Martelli
martelli@iie.cnam.fr