Re: Telephony Apps

Alex McCool <amccool@CADSCAPE.COM> writes:

> Hi All,
>
> Anyone know of any telephony apps, possibility to replace an aging
> automated answer service?

The mgetty-voice package will get you started, but it appears to me
that it takes a fair bit of work make it useful.  There's an answering
machine script (I think in the mgetty-docs package), but it's just a
start.

(There's a 272 day old bug report about missing docs in the
mgetty-voice package, including:
        voice/doc/Readme.Beginners
        voice/doc/Readme.voice_shell
        voice/Perl/*
        voice/scripts/*
Some of these may be helpful in setting up a telephony system, but I
haven't looked for the original vgetty source package to check.)

Does anyone know of a more complete or easy to use solution? I, too,
would be interested.

--Miguel