Network setup.

I want to setup a home network of two machines (mick and mack) connected
with ethernet cards, mick having a ppp dialup link to the internet as well.
I don't want to do masquerading yet, simply mick being able to talk to mack
and vice versa, while mick can also go on the Internet via ppp.

When I do a clean install on mick (having both eth and ppp) the setup asks
for a router and DNS server. Can I safely answer "no" to those two
questions and get by with amending the /etc/resolv.conf and /etc/hosts files?

I'm thinking of...

/etc/resolv.conf

domain fleamarket.nl (this being my local domain name)
search fleamarket.nl
nameserver "IP number of my ISP's nameserver"

/etc/hosts
127.0.0.1 localhost loopback
192.168.0.1 mick.fleamarket.nl
192.168.0.2 mack.fleamarket.nl

I'm afraid to get into routing trouble, where mick doesn't query the ISP's
DNS server. I had this before: the local network worked fine, but I
couldn't get mick to route to the internet for addresses other than
192.168.01 and 192.168.02.

Any reassuring and encouraging words appreciated on this Sunday :0)

-- Hans