fetchmail -k acting funny w/pop3 mailbox on VMS

Hello,
I'm running exim/fetchmail on a slink box.  I have a shell
account on a VMS machine which also holds my POP3 mailbox.

When I do "fetchmail -k" on my other POP3 box, any msgs
on the spool which I've already seen are not downloaded,
only the new ones which I've not yet read.  None of the
messages are flushed.  This the way that I thought the
"-k" switch is supposed to work.

When I do "fetchmail -k" for the POP3 box on the VMS
machine, all msgs in the spool are downloaded, whether
or not I've already seen them, but they aren't flushed.

So, "fetchmail -k" works differently on the two POP3
servers.

Has anyone else noticed this type of behavior?

Thanks,

--D

--
David Karlin