Re: public_html directories not accessable outside of LAN

On Tue, Jul 13, 1999 at 03:59:46AM +0000, Dan wrote:
> host. This is in the httpd.conf file and looks like:
>
> ServerName your.server.here.net

> You *might* be able to replace the server name with *.*.*.* IP address, but
> I'm not sure if that will be accepted. This is a pretty shallow way anyway,
> but you can try if all else fails.
Even if that did work, I'd have to update httpd.conf every time my PPP
link came up because the IP address is dynamically assigned.  Possible,
but I would imagine there must be a more elegant solution.
Perhaps the dydns.org is the solution.

--D

--
David Karlin