Re: Setup a Proxy or Ipmasq

On Wed, Jul 28, 1999 at 09:31:54PM -0400, Donna Lopolito wrote:
> I have two ethernet cards. One connected to the cable modem the other to
> my internal network.
> I want all the boxes on the internal network to be able to use netscape,
> real player etc. What is the best way to go about it and how is it done?

I've got the exact same setup. The IP-Masquerade mini-HOWTO at
/usr/doc/HOWTO/mini/IP-Masquerade.gz was very straightforward,
and I've been happily using IP-Masquerading for about a month.

Read it over, you'll need to recompile the kernel (instructions
are in the HOWTO as to exactly what to compile in), and
post to the list if you don't understand anything.
--
Stephen Pitts
smpitts@midsouth.rr.com