Re: debian vs redhat

1) Ease of upgrade was a big decider for me (I switched over 2-1/2 years
ago--I can't speak for recent Red Hat releases).  With Debian you can
upgrade a running system.  Red Hat required booting with the equivalent
of a rescue disk in order to upgrade.

2) In spite of all the complaints it gets, I find dselect to be quite
useful, particularly with the apt method.

3) Much better handling of dependencies, even before the existence
of apt.

4) More conservative in introducing recent (and possibly buggy)
software, such as libc6.  I'm very wary of any Red Hat version *.0
release.  In spite of this, Debian has many more packages.

hth,

Bob