RE: debian vs redhat

->> who have administered both dists.

I have administered both boxes. As mentioned with redhat you can not use
both linuxconf and edit the scripts by hand. As far as the scripts with
redhat once you inderstand how they are put together you can edit them by
hand just as easy as another dist. My biggest reason for making the RedHat
to debain switch was because of the package manager. The debian package
manager is much nicer, cleaner, and use ful then the redhat package
manager. I have also never successfully upgraded a redhat box from one
version to another. I always end up reinstalling redhat. When debian made
the libc to glibc switch everything went smoothly. RedHat has some to
learn.

				Bob