Re: Netscape died on me.

Christian Dysthe wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I did a dselect upgrade on my potato box today. I saw that some Netscape
>
> base stuff got upgraded. After that my NS 4.61 static motif wouldn't run
>
> anymore. I tried to uninstall and reinstall, but no go.
>
> What happens when I try to run NS is:
>
> /usr/lib/netscape/base/uri_escape: No such file or directory
>
> /usr/lib/netscape/461/navigator/navigator-smotif.real: error in loading shared libraries:
>
> /usr/lib/netscape/plugins/build-tree/plugger-3.0/plugger.so: undefined symbol: flose
>
> How do I get Netscape back?
>
> TIA

	The only NS related file that was upgraded recently was either
netscape-base-4 or netscape-base-461 I'm not sure which.  Hmm, I
just looked at /usr/lib/netscape/*. There is no 'base' subdir
there, but there is a 'base-4' subdir with the uri_escape file.  I
suspect a possibly broken netscape-base-4 package, perhaps?  I'm
using communicator, not naviagator, so thats why I'm not having
the same problem you are.  Hmmm, I just looked at the netscape
wrapper script.  It makes a reference for uri_escape to 'base' not
'base-4', but I don't have a 'base' dir there.  I'll bet that on
my sys, uri_escape is never used for some reason (communicator,
not navigator, remember), so its not failing on me, but this looks
like a problem with netscape-base-4.  Try changing the references
to uri_escape in the wrapper script to 'base-4' and see if that
helps (Perhaps just a symlink of 'base' to 'base-4'?).  Just a
thought.

--
Ed C.