Re: Problem with dialing and pppd.

At 02:48 AM 8/21/99 , Lars Nixdorf wrote:
>hallo,
>
>how could I connect with a modem form a linux mashine to a Win NT RAS
server? I
>have to use chap.
>It doesn't work for me. I need only the whole line for pppd. I doesn't
want to
>use option files or so. If I send a ip-packet the line should go up.
>
>Any suggestions? what is the Line to start it?
>
>Thanks
>
>--
>Lars Nixdorf				Planet GmbH
>Email	: Lars.Nixdorf@planet.de		Residence Park 1-7
>Telefon	: +49-385-3030-0		19065 Raben Steinfeld

hi!
Ordanairly, it should work fine. However, I'm suspecting that, the NT
server has been set to require encryption, which doesn't come with the
standard version of pppd.

There is another version which does do this, and I have seen an RPM for it
in the RedHat crpto ftp site, but I haven't came across it for debian.
(Somebody out, please correct me if i'm wrong)

Alan

|                     Alan Harper                          |
| E-Mail: alan@harper.net     ICQ: 3759545                 |