Re: xterm

On Mon, Aug 30, 1999 at 10:21:50AM +0200, Csépes Zoltán wrote:
> 	Now I have an other problem with installing X-windows system.
> How can I get that the xterm doesn't appear with so great fonts. I have
> an ATI Mach64 videocard and I use a fairly good DELL monitor, but I dont
> know its sync frequencies.

You have a couple of options:

1) you can specify your font on the command line.  Start xterm as

xterm -fn 10x20

(Here, 10x20 is my font of choice, normally... substitute your own)

2) also, you can put the following line in ~/.Xdefaults or ~/.Xresources

xterm*font: 10x20

(again, substitute for desired font)
Other tips:

A) if you want all things that act like xterms to use a given font,
use the line

XTerm*font: 10x20

instead.

B) you can find fonts with the (somewhat nasty... anyone know
something better?) program xfontsel

C) see "man xterm" for other cool command line and resource options
such as colors and geometry (height, width, and position on the
screen)!!

Have fun!
					-Michael

--
  Michael Stenner			Office Phone: 919-660-2513
  Duke University, Dept. of Physics	  mstenner@phy.duke.edu