Re: dhcpcd question

On Mon, 30 Aug 1999, Guilherme Soares Zahn wrote:

->    My linux box should get it's IP address from a DHCP server, and it
->really does it perfectly UNTIL they move my PC to a different subnet

I have found this problem too.

->(what seems to be happening quite frequently here)... When it happens,
->the only way to make dhcpcd get an IP address for me is to delete the
->/etc/dhcpc/dhcpcd-eth0.cache file... Then, shouldn't dhcpcd deal with

I added an "rm /etc/dhcpc/dhcpcd-eth0.*" to my dhcpcd start script. I know
that dhcpcd works well on redhat and does not suffer this problem. I've
looked through their start scripts and can't seem to find a major
differences in the way debian and redhat call dhcpcd. Any more ideas?

			Bob