Re: Why use Debian? Why not Red Hat?

True package management, including installation scripts.  And a process
in place to keep packages out of the main distribution that don't follow a
standard for file locations, and other stuff.

In a word: stability

It's great for servers, end-users can use just about any version of Linux
and be happy... but for servers, my $'s on Debian.

Just an opinion.