recipient's copy)...other times, the header:

Sender: london@pieno.panix.com

is included and mail is successfully delivered despite the fact that
london(my local username)@pieno(my local machine)panix.com(my isp) is a
non existent address...other times, the much more serious problem that
mail leaves my machine (no indication of rejection in mainlog, rejectlog,
or paniclog) and never arrives at its destination occurs (without
notification to me).

thanks again for taking a look at this problem, and my apologies if the
solution has already been posted or is otherwise obviously evident. any
help will be appreciated.

peter