Re: Why use Debian? Why not Red Hat?

On Wed, Sep 01, 1999 at 01:43:52AM -0700, George Bonser wrote:

> Patrick,
>
> I graduated from Red Hat to Debian twice. I was hard-headed and did not
> learn the first time ... gave it a second chance. I came back to Debian.
>
> The ONLY thing Red Hat has is an easy install ... upkeep of a Red Hat
> system is a nightmare.

The same for me.
I've tried: RedHad 4.0, Debian 1.2, Slackware, SuSE, some more diffirent
RedHats 4.2 - 5.2 , and came back to Debian and i will never leave it again.
Moreover, i've Debianized every Linux system I could (about 6).

My opinion is: Debian is not perfect, but no distro is, and Debian is
closest to what I like about Linux. You can tweak everything you can in
Debian, while RedHat seems more like M$-windows to me. (you can beat me)
RedHat is not much more foolproof than Debian. If you want a Linux for
dummies, give SuSE a try - click as much as you wish :)

Marcin

--

Marcin Owsiany