Re: Why use Debian? Why not Red Hat?

I have put redhat on a system here several times, and each time had
some minor problems with it.

5.0 and 5.1 had the ftp daemon broken, I couldn't ftp to the box.  6.0
has the nfs daemon broken, I can't seem to mount any filesystem of the
box on another box (running debian slink).  I can mount the slink fs on
the redhat box.  5.2 OTHO had NO problems.  Guess you must use the LAST
RH release of a series.....

Other minor things like not having /usr/local/bin in the path by
default (minor nit).

Debian hasn't seemed to have any problems (well, I tried DHCP once and
couldn't get it working, but I still have yet to RTFM on that one!)
===
Amateur Radio, when all else fails!

http://www.qsl.net/wa2mze

Debian Gnu Linux, Live Free or .....