net install

hey guys,

I just got my modem happily dialing and connecting, however, apt-get --update can't open (sources list).  can someone please
tell me what files to edit?  /etc/hosts?  hosts.allow?  I'm installing from a base slink system I downloaded a while back.  I'd
also like to configure exim when I get that far.  (the last time I tried, I mangled it--somthing to do with /etc/hosts, I think)

Whenever they're out, I shall get myself a potato cd.

reply off-list, if you like. (and I may bug you privately!)

Thanks,

-t