Changing refresh rate in X...?

Hello all,

	I have been, for some time now, attempting to change my refresh
rate to 100Hz.  My monitor's Hor. and Vert. Sync rates are 30-70 and
50-120 respectively.  I used to have it run at 100Hz magically somehow,
but my HD died and I had to reinstall because I am an idiot and never
backed up anything.  Now my refresh rate sits at 77Hz and I don't know how
to make it higher.  I run 1024x768x32bit.  My video card is a Diamond
Viper V330 with 8MB of RAM, all properly recognized.  My monitor is a
MAG DJ530.  Any ideas?

Thanks,

Steve